Allo! Just sending a little update from Paris! So far the trip’s been wonderful. The first night Jayse and I visited with our friend (and fellow photographer) Juliane and her husband for a delicious Parisian style homemade meal of fondue and wine on their candle-lit rooftop. In addition, she gave us a fantastic insider’s tour of the city. We also made new friends with some local newlyweds who we got together with for some dress trashing fun, and took some time to enjoy the slower pace of things here and all the city has to offer. Tomorrow’s our last day in Paris, then we head into Lille, France (an hour north) for Lani & François’s wedding!
I can’t wait to share all the photos and stories from our trip once we return back to Vegas! Until then, here’s a photograph of Jayse and I enjoying the Eiffel Tower. Seeing it in person made me finally get why it’s so famous. Seeing it in the skyline creates an element of romance and magic, and it’s new with each different vantage point.
I’m heading to bed early tonight to get some good rest before the 5:30am engagement shoot I have in the morning. Yes, a bit early, but totally worth it since at that time – the temperature is still nice across Vegas. But as I’m getting ready to curl up in bed with my two loves, I couldn’t resist sharing some recent photos of my little girl. I love when she’s all tuckered out – usually from playing or from lying in the spot of the floor where the afternoon sun hits; Sometimes she thinks it shines just for her.
So without further ado, here’s one of my favorite things: My sleepy Bella:
I love Dexter. How can you help but be crazy about a show whose main character is a lovable serial killer?
So I’m stoked about the release of the Dexter Season 5 trailer and had share for any fellow fans out there! Warning: It’s intense! I’ll refrain from specific details as to not give spoilers to those that aren’t caught up, but I’m still torn up over the Season 4 ending. It’s funny how attached you get to certain characters over the years. But as much as I wish things were different and that the ending of the last episode could simply be a dream sequence rewinding time, I can tell this next season is going to be KILLER! No pun intended. ;-) I can’t wait for the premiere on September 26th!
Also, I need to think up new decorations for this year’s Dexter party. If anyone has some creative ideas, shoot them my way! Here’s photos from the Season 4 Premiere party Jayse and I put on last year…
The invitation (designed by Jayse):
The Ice Truck Killer’s barbie doll (complete with rainbow-colored painted finger nails)…
Dexter is a blood splatter analyst, so we set our front room up like one of his crime scenes…
And last, there was Bella dressed in her adorable “I love Dexter” shirt…
In celebration of Earth Day, I wanted to do a post to celebrate all that’s green and earth friendly!
ECO-FRIENDLY WEDDING TIPS:
To start, here’s a couple of my favorite green vendors in here in Vegas!
– Earth Limos & Buses: Earth Limos & Buses is a limo company committed to minimizing their impact on the environment. One of the main ways they do this is using vehicles that run on eco-friendly fuel sources such as biodiesel and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). And not only are their limos earth-friendly, but they are also super comfortable and stylish! I especially love their luxury limo bus.
– The Springs Preserve: This 180-acre environment-centered preservation is tucked away in the middle of the city, just 10mins outside of the busy Las Vegas strip. Whether you’re looking for something a bit different for your Vegas wedding or just looking for a place to explore and have a little fun while in town, the Springs Preserve is wonderful. For weddings images from here, check out a few of my recent features on Style Me Pretty – Whitney & John’s Wedding and the Vegas Inspiration to Reality.
Also, for a great resource on more green wedding vendors, be sure to check out Juliet Douglas of Green Orchid Event’s blog – The Las Vegas Wedding Planner, which is updated frequently with great information for brides.
While I’ve never been the hugest tree-hugger on the planet, I do have an appreciation for the little things and products that attempt to make a difference. And I’m always looking for ways of incorporating more earth-friendly things into my own business. Here’s a few:
– All proofing, ordering for prints, albums, etc. is done online via Pictage.com, which is much more convenient for me and my couples and really cuts down on printed forms and paperwork for product selections.
– The album company I use and LOVE like crazy should seriously win an award. Not only do they offer the most gorgeous high-quality albums, they are the greenest album company I know. They take great care in selecting the materials they use. They take great care in how they package their products. And they even have an extensive office recycling program.
Their “pleathers” are all PVC free, and they wont use hides that have been tanned in Asia because of poor working conditions.
Their product packaging is completely green: hand-made recycled pineapple leaf paper used for wrapping, hand-made recycled mulberry leaves used for the ribbons, mulberry skeleton leaves used for decoration, natural kraft tissue used in wrapping and packaging, corn starch peanuts used as packing materials, paper tape used to seal all boxes, completely recyclable cardboard used for packing and shipping,
All their other packing is made from all natural organic materials that can be reused and recycled. Every possible scrap of paper, glass, metal and plastic is recycled.
Everything is made by hand. If it weren’t for building lighting, a power failure would hardly effect their production.
JUST FOR FUN – MY FAV THINGS:
– Simple Shoes: My newest craze! Their tag line “Shoes for a Happy Planet” says it all. And my feet are also quite happy wearing them. They are colorful, stylish, fun and oh-so comfortable! I made Jayse take a couple photos of them for me – thanks love!
Could one ask for a more perfect sneaker? :-) Here’s a cool video about their bio-degradable soles: