The power of a community is unparalleled…. and the photography community in Las Vegas is beyond powerful! What started as a simple idea has now grown into an incredible event. It is truly amazing to see what can be accomplished when a community unites for a cause.
I’m proud to announce Portrait Palooza!
Photographers in Las Vegas are aiming to raise at least $10,000 for Savannah Grace Lighten, and we need your help!
Savannah Grace Lighten was born September 19th, 2010 with severe brain damage. Her parents Terrence and Suzi Lighten are members of the Las Vegas photography community, and are two of the most kindhearted and giving people I have ever met. Please visit Savannah’s Journey to learn more about her heartbreaking story.
The Lighten family has hopes that a treatment called Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy will help Savannah recover from her serious brain injuries, and the Las Vegas photography community wants to see her receive these treatments. Which brings us to Portrait Palooza!
Here’s some details….
- Who: 16 of Las Vegas’ finest professional photographers
- What: 100 families donating $100 towards a private portrait session. This includes a 20-minute session, 10 final images and the high-resolution digital files. 100% of the donation fee will go to the Lighten family.
- When: This coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday, November 19, 20, 21, appointments will be available from 10:00am to 5:00pm. If you’d like to book with me, I’ll be at Sunset Park on Friday – Click here to see available timeslots!
- Where: HENDERSON – Sunset Park, Henderson, NV, picnic area “D” right next to the pool (Nov 19, and 20th), SUMMERLIN – JW Marriott (Sunday, Nov. 21st)
- How: Go to www.PortraitPalooza.com for more details and schedule a reservation to have your photos taken.
Thank Yous: Mindy of Red Rock Studios for the blog post. Steve Fogarty, of Fogarty Foto has been an integral part of this project. Without his energy and commitment, Portrait Palooza would be greatly suffering! Jayse Hansen designed the incredible PortraitPalooza logo. DWAlliance is donating their event scheduling software, a key contribution necessary to coordinate all these moving parts. Michael Testagrossa of the JW Marriot is donating use of their grounds for PortraitPalooza North on Sunday, November 21, 2011. Juliet Douglas of Green Orchid Events is coordinating the on-site atmospherics and staffing. And of course, to the photographers who are donating many hours, and lots of talent, toward helping baby Savannah.