In celebration of Earth Day, I wanted to do a post to celebrate all that’s green and earth friendly!
ECO-FRIENDLY WEDDING TIPS:
To start, here’s a couple of my favorite green vendors in here in Vegas!
– Earth Limos & Buses: Earth Limos & Buses is a limo company committed to minimizing their impact on the environment. One of the main ways they do this is using vehicles that run on eco-friendly fuel sources such as biodiesel and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). And not only are their limos earth-friendly, but they are also super comfortable and stylish! I especially love their luxury limo bus.
– The Springs Preserve: This 180-acre environment-centered preservation is tucked away in the middle of the city, just 10mins outside of the busy Las Vegas strip. Whether you’re looking for something a bit different for your Vegas wedding or just looking for a place to explore and have a little fun while in town, the Springs Preserve is wonderful. For weddings images from here, check out a few of my recent features on Style Me Pretty – Whitney & John’s Wedding and the Vegas Inspiration to Reality.
Also, for a great resource on more green wedding vendors, be sure to check out Juliet Douglas of Green Orchid Event’s blog – The Las Vegas Wedding Planner, which is updated frequently with great information for brides.
While I’ve never been the hugest tree-hugger on the planet, I do have an appreciation for the little things and products that attempt to make a difference. And I’m always looking for ways of incorporating more earth-friendly things into my own business. Here’s a few:
– All proofing, ordering for prints, albums, etc. is done online via Pictage.com, which is much more convenient for me and my couples and really cuts down on printed forms and paperwork for product selections.
– The album company I use and LOVE like crazy should seriously win an award. Not only do they offer the most gorgeous high-quality albums, they are the greenest album company I know. They take great care in selecting the materials they use. They take great care in how they package their products. And they even have an extensive office recycling program.
JUST FOR FUN – MY FAV THINGS:
– Simple Shoes: My newest craze! Their tag line “Shoes for a Happy Planet” says it all. And my feet are also quite happy wearing them. They are colorful, stylish, fun and oh-so comfortable! I made Jayse take a couple photos of them for me – thanks love!